16 abandoned buildings in Detroit that need to be redeveloped
An elaborate work of Beaux Arts architecture, the Wayne County Building 18,000 courtroom opened in 1902. From historic Detroit: “The interior is adorned with mahogany, oak, birch, maple, and sycamore. The halls are lined with a wide variety of marbles including Siena, English Vein, White Italian, Alpine Green, Verona, Red Yellow Numidian, and others. The columns throughout the building are imitation marble depicting Sienna and Numidians, among others. “
Although the county departed in 2010, the building is still in good shape. Unlike others on this list, portions of the building have been restored over the years, most recently in 2018. It is owned by a group of New York investors who have since purchased the building for over $ 10 million in 2014 from a tenant have searched.
600 Randolph Street
Detroit, MI 48226