Roof Inspection Coast Portland
It's crucial to have a reliable and high-quality roof in Portland due to the extreme weather conditions and hurricanes. Most homeowners don't know how often to schedule a roof inspection.
Portland Commercial Roofing offers annual roof inspections that allow you to rest easy knowing your roof is ready to take on whatever Mother Nature throws at it.
What to Expect From a Professional Roof Inspection
Roof inspectors will inspect the roof for unusual wear and tear, leaking, organic growth issues, and windblown damage. Here are some things to expect during an inspection.
- Structural inspection
- Material inspection
- Inspection of workmanship
- Analysis of roofing
Signs that it's time to schedule an inspection
Trouble in the Attic
Your attic should be your first focus. You should inspect your attic for signs such as sagging, water damage and water leaks, dark spots, and leaking light. You should call a professional to inspect the roof if you see any of these signs.
Every homeowner should be concerned about mold and moss. Although the growth may not always indicate that it is time to repair, you should schedule an inspection if there are dark streaks or spots.
Leaks in Your House
This is often the first sign that your roof requires attention. You should inspect your home's exterior and interior for water stains or drips. Don't wait to find out if there are any leaks.
It is worth investing a bit more on minor repairs than it is on the large overhead costs of a complete replacement.
Rotting occurs when the shingles' core absorbs moisture. You might notice large areas of discoloration or dark spots on your roof.
You can easily replace the rotting roof shingles, but not the entire roof. To avoid future rotting, you might also consider non-organic materials like fiberglass.
Shingles that are damaged
Shingles are rectangular, overlapping blocks that cover your roof. These are the most commonly used elements of residential roofing. If you notice any damage, make sure to contact a professional.
- Curling of shingles A curly shingle could indicate that your installation was incorrect. You could also have a problem with your ventilation. To avoid higher repair costs, you should call a professional regardless of the root cause.
- Blistering Shingles- Moisture trapped between shingles can cause extensive damage and even breakage. These are often invisible to the naked eye. However, professionals can spot them during a roof inspection Coast Portland.
- Buckling Shingles - If your roof is lead cracking or tearing, buckling shingles could indicate that it's time to replace the roof. They could require a roof replacement if they are not addressed.
- Staining on shingles - Minor leakages can often be identified by stains and streaks. For advice, contact a professional.
- You don't need to replace your shingles It is as simple as it sounds. Your roof could already be at risk if there are missing shingles. They can cause roof damage and lead to a lower roof lifespan.
Portland Commercial Roofing offers a roof inspection
Portland Commercial Roofing and Inspections understands how important it is to have a roof that is properly maintained to keep you safe, no matter what the weather outside. Portland residents have relied on us for roof maintenance and repairs for over 30 years. Get in touch with us today to find out why.
Portland Commercial Roofing
18740 nw rock creek circle #71 portland 97229
(503) 647 3470