3rd man, 20, charged in slaying of man, 19, in Detroit
Detroit – A 20-year-old man is the third to be charged on October 18 in the death of 19-year-old Martez Woods on the east side of Detroit.
Djuan Powell, 20, is charged with premeditated murder and first-degree firearm crimes on October 18.
That Sunday evening at around 7.15pm in Morang, south of Seven Mile, police said a 19-year-old man had been arguing with “several” other men when one of them shot him to death.
October:2 Detroit men charged with the death of a man while fighting on the east side
Two other men, Raynard Thomas, 19, and Deterrio Williams, 19, were charged with Woods’ death in October.
Thomas has been charged with second degree murder and remains in jail on a $ 2.5 million bond. COVID issues delayed its preliminary review.
Although he has been in jail since the week of the shooting, his preliminary exam will not take place before Judge Roberta Archer until December 21st.
Williams faces the same charges Powell brings: first degree murder and firearms.
Like Powell, he was denied the loan, and like Thomas, COVID delayed his case. Williams’ preliminary exam will also take place in front of Archer on December 21st.
Powell will appear in court on December 23 for his conference on likely grounds.
Maria Miller, spokeswoman for Wayne County Attorney’s Office, said the cases would be combined.