NYC subway attack suspect that left woman's feet severed was arrested in violent 2017 home invasion

A 35-year-old man was arrested for allegedly pushing his girlfriend onto the New York City subway tracks, resulting in both her feet being severed by an incoming train. Police stated that he had previously been imprisoned for attacking a woman and making threats during a 2017 home invasion.

Christian Valdez was taken into custody after the incident of domestic violence that occurred on Saturday morning at the Fulton Street subway station in lower Manhattan, as reported by the New York Police Department.

Valdez, who provided his address as a women’s homeless shelter in Brooklyn, was apprehended around 9:30 p.m. ET in lower Manhattan, approximately 11 hours after the subway station incident, as per a police report.

Police have charged the suspect with attempted murder and felony assault. The incident occurred at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday during a dispute on the Fulton Street subway station platform, as reported by the police.

“After a thorough investigation, it was found that the woman was pushed onto the tracks by a 35-year-old man following a domestic dispute,” as stated in the NYPD incident report. The victim, aged 29, was hit by a southbound No. 3 train, as reported by the police. The victim’s name was not disclosed.

Police reported that the woman was transported to Bellevue Hospital and is currently in stable condition. Police officers from the NYPD who arrived at the station discovered the victim alert and able to respond, despite sustaining injuries to her legs from being hit by the train. According to police sources, both of her feet had been amputated.

Valdez was waiting to be arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court on Sunday afternoon. We do not have immediate information on whether he has hired an attorney or has been appointed one.

Also Read: Disney seeks major expansion of California theme park to add more attractions

Valdez, the individual arrested in September 2017 for breaking into an apartment in the city’s Bronx borough, stabbing a woman who lived there, and trying to throw her 3-year-old daughter off a fire escape, was identified by the police, according to ABC News.

In 2017, during the attack, officials reported that the woman attempted to escape from Valdez by going onto her third-floor fire escape with her daughter. Valdez pursued her, hitting her with a glass bottle and taking the child. Witnesses told ABC station WABC that when the victim attempted to retrieve her daughter, Valdez allegedly threatened to throw the girl over the railing.

Someone quickly came to help when they heard the noise and saw the suspect threatening the child, as reported to WABC. The kind Samaritan mentioned that he hurled vases and other household objects at Valdez until another neighbor stepped in and rescued the child from the suspect. The good Samaritan, who preferred to remain anonymous, described kicking the door open, running in, and heading to the fire escape. “I said to him, ‘Release her!” Release her!

In 2020, Valdez was found guilty of second-degree attempted assault in connection to the Bronx incident. Court records examined by ABC News show that he was given an eight-year prison sentence. Valdez was discharged from the Sing Sing Correctional Facility in Ossining, New York, on Jan. 9, 2023, as per records. During the attack on Saturday, he was on parole.

Information Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.